What is VoIP?
VoIP is the complete communications service for business that provides an extensive range of fixed and mobile telephony capabilities. Voice over IP is a telephony system which operates over Internet.
What are the benefits of VoIP?
- Features you can easily control – VoIP puts you in complete control of your phone system and is provided with an extensive range of call handling and management features.
- Empower your staff with ‘one number anywhere’ – VoIP conveniently integrates your fixed and mobile capabilities so that you never miss a call. Callers dial one number to reach your desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously; you can move outgoing calls seamlessly from one phone to another without hanging up and both phones share a single voicemail box.
- An on-demand service with no hidden costs – As VoIP is hosted on your behalf, you only pay for what you need on a simple per seat basis. As you are not buying a PBX, there is no major hardware investment and there are no financing costs to consider.
- Lower call costs – All the cost benefits of IT Telephony including free site-to-site calls (even across international boundaries) and cheaper call rates. If you use VoIP together with our mobile services you benefit from incredibly competitive rates for calls between your fixed and mobile devices.
- Enables flexible working – VoIP helps businesses become more efficient by enabling flexible work environments through hot-desking, home working and extending the service to mobile devices.
- Number choice – You have total flexibility with the numbers you want to use. You can keep your existing numbers or get new numbers. Extend your business reach and use any local area number no matter where you are located. Have a London number in Leeds!
- A business continuity solution – Unexpected events such as snow, floods or strikes wont disrupt your business. Because VoIP sits in the “cloud”, the service provides business continuity features that allow your organisation to carry on making and taking calls.
Your choice of handsets
Horizon can be used with a range of handsets from a choice of manufacturers; it’s not tied to one type of manufacturer or hardware and can also be connected through an easy-to-use desktop client. Contact us for a full list of compatible hardware, features and options. Some current examples include: